NIGHT SKY PHOTO ADVENTURE
A PUBLIC OR PRIVATE LATE EVENING WORKSHOP FOR 4-10 PHOTOGRAPHERS:
May through Oct - Whidbey Island WA
Nov through Apr - Lake Havasu AZ
COST $250 per person
Please note this tour is weather-dependent and may be cancelled due to inclement weather or excessive cloud-cover.
Learn to capture stunning images of the night sky. The milky way is visible year-round from both Washington and Arizona (see this link for departure locations and general tour areas), although its core is only visible May through October. The Aurora Borealis can be seen from Whidbey Island and other parts of Western Washington, but it is rare and a challenge to plan for. Viewing the aurora in Arizona is extremely rare. Star trails and painting with light can be done in any dark sky location! With a DSLR, wide angle lens, and a few other simple tools, you'll be ready to shoot some unbelievable photos!
Each tour departs before dusk so we arrive at our destination with enough light to familiarize ourselves with the location and set up our gear. No hiking is required on this "drive-in" tour. As dusk sets in, we will enjoy an evening picnic (bring your own meal) and good conversation. Once the skies are fully dark the fun begins! We'll shoot a variety of subjects: Milky Way, star trails, painting with light, aurora borealis/northern lights (WA only), etc.
Use the 'Book Now" button above to select your date and register!
Feb 3, 4, 5
Mar 5, 6, 7
Apr 4, 5, 6
Wide angle lens, 10mm to 24mm
Two fully charged batteries
Camera user manual
Safety light headlamp link
Hand warmers and rubber bands (to wrap around your lens/minimize condensation) link
Layers of clothing, warm coat, hat, scarf, gloves, etc
Sturdy, warm shoes
Folding chair or stool
• Each PUBLIC tour has a four-person minimum and is subject to cancellation if the minimum is not met 48 hours prior to departure, or if a PRIVATE tour is booked for the same date.
• You may book a PRIVATE Night Sky Photo Adventure by booking for a party of four or more ($1000 for up to four, $250 for each additional, please inquire about fees for groups of more than ten people) .
• All Night Sky Adventures depart before dusk and return between 11pm and 1am, depending on the needs of the group. Exact times can vary based on season and location.
• Guests will drive themselves or carpool with other guests to the shooting location.
• This tour is subject to a four-person minimum. If the minimum is not met 48 hours before departure, the tour will be cancelled and the tour price refunded.
• The Night Sky Adventure may be cancelled at the discretion of the guide in case of hazardous weather conditions.
• Please see the FAQ page for rescheduling and cancellation policies.